HTELC Youth Ministry Coordinator
Holy Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church Inglewood, CA
Title: Youth Ministry Coordinator
General Summary: The Youth Ministry Coordinator is a part-time position and has the primary duty of expanding God’s mission by fostering Christian faith development in the youth of our congregation and the community ages 4-18. This person will develop, plan and implement Christian educational programs and social activities that build Christ-centered relationships within the Youth Group and with the congregation. This person will be an example and lead the Youth into a personal relationship with Christ and Sunday worship participant.
- Recruit outside of the church youth to participate in Youth Group programs and activities.
- Organize and integrate Youth group calendar with all other congregational events.
- Create opportunities to make significant connections between the Youth and the community.
- Identify new and maintain existing partnerships with other congregations and organizations.
- Organize community service opportunities for Youth.
- Assist in teaching confirmation classes, Sunday School and Vacation Bible School.
- Regular attendance at Holy Trinity worship services.
- Coordinate youth volunteering and leading in various area of the church.
- Recruit and integrate adults in the congregation to support and assist in youth activities and programs.
- The Pastor
- The Youth Ministry Board
- An active follower of Jesus, with a passion to expand the reign of God in the lives of youth and their families within the congregation and community.
- Theological training and Church literacy
- Current background check required.
- Class B Driver’s License or retained upon hiring.
- Three references
SALARY: $9,300-$10,500 per year based on flexible 20-25 hrs. per month.